Sunday, July 12, 2009

Trip to Summit Lake

We headed up to Summit Lake for me to meet up with a friend that I had not seen in 15 years!! It was only for a few minutes because they had to get back to Wasilla that night, but it was worth the drive. After my friends left, we played at the lake a little and then headed back for home. It was a beautiful day except the smoke from our fires down here on the peninsula are really making things hazy. There was a day last week when it was thick like clouds and when the sun peered through it looked and felt just like it does at sunset except it was the middle of the afternoon!
When we got home it was dinner time and I made some pizzas on the grill and then the girls and I sat down and watched a movie together before it was time for bed. It was a fun full day!


Kids are playing in Summit Lake, at Summit Lake Lodge

Madison and Emma starring out at Summit Lake

Summit Lake

Swan Lake (I believe), aka...lake at the turnoff down to Soldotna

Fireweed Turnoff to Soldotna from Anchorage

On the road home....out running off the car ride jitters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fun trip. Great pictures! ~Jen