Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer News

Today starts our summer as we are welcoming all the voluteers that come this weekend to help us clean up camp and get it ready for all the summer kids! Tomorrow is the big CLEAN day where around 200 people help us in every area of camp from planting flowers to picking up trash, building projects etc. Then on Sunday and Monday it is a time of relaxation for these families to spend time with each other and friends. It has always been a great weekend and we really appreciate all the work that goes into it, because without this help our summer program would be lacking!!


This summer is a busy one for all of us. Both Emma and Madison have a couple of races they are competing in, one a triathlon, and Emma will also be doing another swim meat in July. Along with that their is swimming lessons for Heidi and Madison, swim team for Emma, and triathlon training for myself! We also are hiking with friends many days during the week, Aunt Hollie and Uncle Sean are coming for a couple weeks, vacation bible school, beach days, camping, and the list goes on. We are fitting all of that into the next 11 weeks before the girls and I head down the Alcan to be at my parents house for 5 weeks before Chad follows us and we begin our 6 months of fulough. We are in the begining stages of planning where we are going to be when, but will be narrowing things down now pretty quickly so we can let you know when we will be there to see you! :)



Just and update on Chad and I, we have now been working out consistently for the last 3 months and chad has now lost 35lbs, and I have lost 12lbs. Chad is still working with his trainer once a week for a few more weeks, which has been really good for him and Chad really enjoys it. I am now doing my triathlon training, and have done one triathlon already this summer. I am signed up for one more as a team, where I will swim 1/2 a mile, and I am doing a few 5k races with the kids this summer as well. My plan is to bring my bike with me on our furlough and try and sign up for one more (if not more) triathlon while I am traveling! Chad gets his last 11 stitches out of his eye on June 7th, so be praying for him because it takes about 2 weeks for it to stop hurting (to the point where he is not verbaly complaing about it hurting, who knows how much it is after that!), but then he is done. The eye has been healing best case scenareo according to the doctors so Chad has been encouraged by that.





No comments: