Monday, October 05, 2009

No Competition for Me :(

I guess I jumped the gun on this one.....When I wrote this post I had just talked to one of the trainers that was participating and basically not enough people had signed up so it looked like anyone who did was garunteed a spot. Well like everything, everyone waited until the last minute and they ended up having to choose the 16 contestants from 40 applicants! I am bumbed that I was not one of them.....but I am not giving up! We have the treadmill in the livingroom and are pairing down the pantry from the fast fixes to more whole grains and better options. Chad and I have our own friendly competition going and with the encouragement and prayers from family and friends we will begin to make a dent in our weight loss endevor. One thing that has really helped me I think is that with homeschooling the girls, I am really having to organize a whole lot better, which is having an effect on my cleaning (decluttering our lives) and also because the girls are always eagerly waiting to exercise with me! I want to teach my kids a healthy fun lifestyle of fitness and now is the best time. God is working in my heart and while I can't speak for Chad and his fealings I see the work that God is doing in his. We are still stumbling a lot (food choices), but we are recognizing it and are trying harder to get it under controll. It is hard to deny the body what it thinks it wants!!! To learn a copeing mechanism is work, and we are willing to do the work! I also know that we have been down this road for 10+ years and I don't know what to say as to why this time is different from the rest. I just know that I am tired of not being able to go do the stuff that I want to do. Watching my friends go and hike all over, while I stay back was really really hard this summer. Please do not give up on us. Please continue to pray for God's intervention in our lives in this area that we can wake up each morning knowing that this is going to be REALLY REALLY HARD, but that God is in control and will get us through.

3 comments:

MLS said...

Double Stoked!!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your goals, and for success. God is faithful to help when we call on Him. Sorry the competition didn't work out, but I'm hopeful and excited for you guys to do your own competition!

Angel said...

Praying for you guys! A good website that I like to use is www.thedailyplate.com . There you can do a free sign up (no spam email either) and track your calorie intake on "my plate". there are thousands of items in the database--brand name, too. You can also click on "calorie goals" and it will caculate your daily calorie intake. :)