Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Ride to Homer

Saturday morning I was up bright and early at 6am because of the sleepover, and waited for the parents to pick up their kids (there were 6 adults that were chaperones) and then at 9am I rushed home, picked up my bike gear, and headed to town.  I stopped at our famous "Kaladi" coffee shop and picked up my friends gear and raced out to meet them becuase they had gotten a 45 minute head start.
That day 5 of my friends road their bikes 80 miles to Homer, and I would stop every ten miles for them to pick up stuff or drop it off!  I was going to ride a little bit of it as well, but fear and the cold stopped me from attempting it.  Now that I have driven the course in a bikers perspective I know which sections will be hard and which parts will be ok and next time I will ride, maybe not the whole thing, but more than half of it!
When they were finished and had reached homer we had the most amazing lunch at a little place I had not been to or heard of called Mauries.  The best sandwhiches and soup ever, and I bet that their salads were really good too.  When I got home I was exhausted, I think because of the night before, and so I was in bed by 9:30 and I slept pretty soundly until 9am the next morning!














Homer
Homer
The 5 that road to Homer :)

No comments: