Saturday, July 23, 2011

Our adventure in Homer started out a windy one, as we set our tents up and prepared dinner.  We actually did not do much in the evening because of the wind.  As the night fell upon us and the wind swept over the ocean it made the temperature pretty cold and a little misserable to be out by the fire.  Farrah and I started putting kids to bed around 9:30 and the last one fell asleep by 10:50.  I drove into town to get bowls that I had forgetten at home and some cough medicine for my kids.  I finally fell asleep by 12:30 and slept pretty soundly through the night.  A few of my kids thought they would try to get up at 6:30 but I made them stay in the tent until 7:45, and by then it was starting to become sunny and there wasn't any wind!  We had breakfast and sat and stared at the ocean and enjoyed the sun coming out of the clouds and warming the sand and rocks on the beach.  The kids played down in the water and found all kinds of sea life, before we packed our tents up and headed to the shops for a bit of shopping.  By 12:30 I was getting tired and run down, so the kids and I got some coffee and headed home, but my friend Farrah and her kids had another adventure on their own, which I wish we would have stayed for!  The played on the beach some more, found some hermit crabs and brought a few home to watch grow their new homes, and found wild strawberries to pick and eat!  They did not get home until 11:30 last night but had one of the best times in Homer that they had had in a long time!!!


Driving to Homer while the clouds are moving in.


Eagle at our campsite picking up some seaweed to take back to his nest.

Looking accross the bay from the Homer Spit


Eating dinner and dessert :)

the tents by the ocean




Add caption



Some of the little shops that line the beach of the spit.


Making breakfast


My little princess is not quite awake :)
Friend Luthien is holding seaweed!




Mason rolls out of bed finally :)


Momma Eagle with 2 babies in her nest!

No comments: