Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tea Party for Breakfast



A week and a half ago we had friends over for breakfast. Without a stove or an oven I was somewhat limited on what I could make.....and I wanted something more than cereal, so I made scones and baked 5 at a time in my toaster oven! We had such a good time that the girls and I decided to do it again the next morning for ourselves. Both Emma and Madison helped me make the scones and we had homemade strawberry rubarb jam and blueberry tea! I am so glad that this is something that the girls and I can share together. We sit and talk about things and I think that they feel more grown up for participating in something that mommy does with her friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative Steph! I never would have thought of using a toaster oven- good thinking. What a fun thing to do~ maybe it needs to become a tradition:)

Cranberry Hill said...

I love what you can do with a one burner camp stove!

the snyders said...

I agree tradition is a good thing! and I never need an excuse to have tea and scones!