Friday, June 24, 2011

Adventure #2 Skyline 6/20/11

So again with blogger it has taken me all week to load my pictures on here.  Liz and I hiked Skyline on Monday and I started loading pictures on Tuesday, and now I finally can post about it! :)  We had a good hike.  The trail is only a mile up to the saddle, which is the deciding point of which hill to climb to the top of either left or right and then another .5 miles to the very top, and it is all straight uphill.  In the 1.5 miles to the very top, you gain 1800 feet in elevation!  It took Liz and I 1hour 40 minutes to get a little past the saddle.  We figured we almost did 2.5 miles, and it took us about an hour to get down.  Our legs were feeling it but we had fun and we are ready to go hike it again.  It took me 2.5 days to fully recover, so it should only get better from here on out. :)  We missed our two friends that plan on doing more hikes with us this summer, but both were unable to get away.  Next week is a new adventure and we are looking forward to it! :)



Smiling and laughing before we start the hike!
lovely flowers
Skyline Lake
It was much hotter and muggier than we anticipated, luckily for Liz she had shorts....I did not :(
looking out towads Soldotna area


<>
Still smiling when we stopped to turn around :)
Skilak lake in behind the hills

1 comment:

The Seven Zolls said...

Great pictures! Looks like you two girls had a great time :)